Star’s Conference Services prepares a Welcome Wagon on the Front Porch for conferees who have just arrived from Portsmouth on the afternoon boat. The Wagon offers lemonade and water, plus drinking cups and napkins. It’s the Cookie Coordinator’s job to ask some conferees to bring cookies to stock the Wagon.
1) Ask the Registrar or the Chairs for a list of conferees that contains the following fields: Last Name, Name Tag, Phone Number, and Email Address.
2) Sixty dozen cookies is the recommended amount to stock the Wagon for 260 conferees.
3) Phone or email about 30 selected conferees and ask them to bring two-dozen cookies to Star for the Welcome Wagon.
4) You should consider taking the morning ferry from Portsmouth—enabling you to arrive on Star early. You’ll be able to supervise the Welcome Wagon’s set-up and will be ready to receive donations of cookies when the afternoon boat arrives.
· If choosing the morning boat, ask the Registrar to list you as a passenger.
·To learn the ferry’s schedule, phone the Isles of Shoals Steamship Company at 1-800-441-4620.
5) After the conferees have refreshments at the Welcome Wagon, direct them to the Hotel Lobby and to the Schedule Board. They will pick up their registration packets in the lobby, and will see the schedule for their first afternoon on Star.
Website created by and maintained by
Staris Consulting. © 2017 | Contact the LOAS
Webmaster pertaining to the website
Special Thanks to Matt of svaha.com for Hosting this website