New Shoaler Information
Current as of: January 2nd, 2017
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED!
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Star Island follows New Hampshire State law. Firearms, fireworks and illegal drugs of any kind are strictly forbidden. Violators will take the next boat off-island!
- Because of the ever-present fire risk of a 120-year-old wooden hotel, no open flame of any kind is allowed in any of the buildings, so leave candles and incense at home. Violators will need to leave the island on the next boat!
- Pets are not allowed (except service dogs).
- The legal drinking age in New Hampshire is 21 years of age. Those under the age of 21 are not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed in public on Star except in approved locations at an activity sponsored by the conference. Approved locations are Newton Centre, the Lindquist Deck, the Stone Village Lawn, the Pink Parlor, Brookfield, and the Summer House. At Social Hour only wine, beer and sherry will be offered. Hard liquor is not allowed at Social Hour. During Social hour the Friends of Bill will meet in the Pink Parlor.
- Please do not use radios or boom boxes in public areas without headphones.
- Due to limitations of the island's electrical system and for safety reasons, conferees are asked not to bring appliances with heating elements, i.e., heating pads, hair dryers and hot water immersion heaters.
- Under no circumstances should any appliance be used in guestrooms. Hair dryers can be used the in bathrooms outside the showers in the hotel basement, but nowhere else.
- If you require medical equipment of an electrical nature, please notify the conference registrar, so that proper arrangements can be made.
- The island doctor can arrange for the refrigeration of medication, if notified before hand.
- There are no paved areas on Star, so you may not want to bring any equipment with wheels, such as strollers.
- There are no door locks on guest rooms, so please leave valuables at home.